Have you noticed how can be in the same type of business; or if you want, job; and one is more successful than the other. It’s not that one is smarter or works harder than the other, but the more successful person has certain traits that allow him or her to make their life seem easy. In case you’ve ever wondered what those traits are, here are 10 qualities possessed by these extraordinary individuals.
- Listen to and follow their intuition. They know how intuitions and insights come to them and are tuned-in internally to make wise decisions.
- Are aware of who they are— strengths, weaknesses, personality, values, etc. They know that the most important (and interesting) thing to know about is “self.”
- Reflect on and learn from past experiences, finding out what works and what doesn’t, and then adjust their course of action as needed. They think about things before jumping in, take the time after-the-fact to actively reflect and fully understand what happened, or didn’t happen.
- Can easily entertain innovative ideas, thoughts, and ways of doing things. They long for progressive and forward thinking information, concepts, and people. They often come up with new and radical ideas on a regular basis.
- Are open to different perspectives and see possibilities where most people don’t. They are comfortable with paradoxes and can relate to numerous sides of an issue or opinion.
- Recognize and respond quickly to opportunities and people. They act and react fast, and take care of what needs to be taken care-of, well ahead of schedule.
- Don’t have to know it all, but they do know where to go to get whatever information, resources, training, education that they need. They are well networked and have people to call on for resource referrals.
- Think for themselves. They do not blindly believe what so-called “experts” say, in fact, they ask deep questions to discover their own truth.
- Are committed to being a lifelong learner. They continuously learn new things, and stay current with their skills, attitudes, and beliefs.
- Do not take themselves or life too seriously. They recognize the importance of finding the fun in the irony and the comedy of everyday life.